May 28th, 2007
Howdy, I’m Matthew Beale. Drop me an email: email@example.com
I’ve worked as:
- Developer at Harvest
- Tech Lead & Employee #1 at Give Real
- Early Developer with ICA
- General Hackery at Acolyte Technologies
- Founder at Synitech (we were in High School and had no idea what we were doing. Great thing is, the software we wrote is still around and actively developed! oemr.org).
- Play Hangman as an experiment to learn Ember.js.
- Spinto launched in April 2012, helping developers and content editors work together.
- Barron, a resource locking API for Ruby and the command-line.
- Give for Music where we raised over $1000 to fight drought in Africa.
- Thebes, a Spinx config generator for Rails.
- RankedModel, a row sorting library built for Rails 3+ on ARel.
- PushpinWeb won a prize at the first NYC BigApps competition.
- Liquidware, and several other commerce sites for them as a co-founder.
- ShardTheLove, a database sharding library we used in production at Give Real.
- Scenestr, a tour mapping site scraping MySpace (now defunct).
- Tables on Cows, a popular & fast MooTools table sorting library.
About a million years ago, I went to school for music & recording (then worked in mastering). I still muck around with it. I also wrote for Southeast Performer Magazine.
I’ve lived in Nashville, Brooklyn, Grenada, and Berlin. I love espresso, let’s get some.By Matthew Beale